Helplines and Important Contact NumbersBihar State Tourism Development Corporation
(A Govt.of Bihar Undertaking)
Bir Chand Patel Path,
Web Site: http://bstdc.bih.nic.in/
Tourist Information Center, Bodhgaya: 9471006726.
Tourist Information Center, Railway Station Gaya: 9471006727.
Tourist Information Center, Patna Junction: 9471006721.
Best Time to Visit Jehanabad
Jehanabad has a very erratically extreme climate. Hence it makes more sense to travel during winter season, when you’ll be spared by heavy rainfall and unbearable humidity. The winter though is also chillingly cold here but that can be taken care off with right precaution. The winter season is generally from October to February.
Tourist Destinations in JehanabadThere are lot more to explore in Jehanabad. From historical monuments to religious structures you can find all and more in this part of Bihar. Religious and spiritually inclined person will surely find immense peace and solace. The city is home to numerous sacred places and is visited by Hindus and Muslims alike.
- Barabar caves - near Makhdumpur village - world's oldest surviving caves and the most sought after tourist destination of Jehanabad
- Sun Temple at Kako – Kako Village – 0.6 K.M. From Jehanabad Station
- Sun Temple at Bhelawar – Kako Village - 11 K.M. From Jehanabad.
- Shidheshwar Nath Temple at Brabar Hill – Makhdumpur - 12 K.M. from Makhdumpur Block
- Sun Temple at Meera Bigha – Makhdumpur
- Vishnu Temple at Keur – Hulasganj
- Sun Temple/Kali Temple at Murgawan – Hulasganj
- Lord Vishnu Temple at Dabthu – Hulasganj
- Lord Vishnu Temple at Zaru – Hulasganj
- Ghejan – Ratni - 19 K.M. form Jehanabad
- Mazar of Bibi Kamal at Kako Bibipur – Kako Village – 0.6 K.M. From Jehanabad Station
Entertainment and Nightlife in JehanabadJehanabad is not even considered amongst second tier city of India, so its obvious that entertainment and nightlife quotient here would be pretty low. Here all you would get in entertainment and nightlife are few cinema halls and night bars. Amongst cinema halls the most popular one is Tellotma Palace Theatre. You can enjoy movie time by visiting the nearby theaters.Snacks and beverages served at these movie halls add more colors to excitement and makes the trip both memorable and enjoyable.
Tellotma Palace Theatre
Jehanabad Road, Court Area, Near Brilliant Public school – 804408.
How to Reach Jehanabad ?The best way to reach Jehanabad is via rail. Although via road also Jehanabad is connected to almost all the important cities of Bihar, but you can save you time by traveling via rail. Buses of Bihar State Road Transport Corporation is a most convenient way to reach the city via roadways. In the case of railway, Jehanabad is connected to almost all the important cities of Bihar as well as few of the important cities in the rest of India.
For passengers/tourists coming from cities to whom Jehanabad is not directly connected, they will have to make stopover journey from Patna or Gaya. There are as many as 21 weekly trains between Jehanabad & Patna/Gaya. Train journey is approximately 2 hours.
Where to stay in Jehanabad ?Unfortunately, tourist infrastructure in Jehanabad is still underdeveloped. Hence here there are no luxurious hotels. All that you’ll get here is few ordinary lodges and hotels. Addresses and contact information’s of few of them have been provided below:
Raj Darbar Hotel
Address: Opposite Shankar Petrol Pump, beside of Police Chauki No-1,
Near Untta School, Patna Gaya Road,
Jehanabad R S, Jehanabad - 804417
Mobile no: +(91)-9852675818, 9939110111,
Phone no: +(91)-6114-200200.
Satkar Rest House
Address: Near Railway Station, Purani Bijli Colony,
Jehanabad - 804408
Phone no: +(91)-9973166507.
Jehanabad Travel Tips
- Try not to carry and wear funky western dresses. Jehanabad is pretty much a rural area and has still not adapted to urbanized western lifestyle
- Keep a booklet containing important information relating to tourist places and helpline numbers
- Carry a copy of your Indentity Proof always with you
- Before starting your visit to Jehanabad try getting acquainted with Bihari language accent as much as you can
- Do not carry heavy cash with you. There are number of ATMs in Jehanabad city from where you can withdraw the money whenever needed
- Traveling after 8 P.M in Jehanabad must be avoided
Where to Shop in Jehanabad ? Don’t expect any sophisticated shopping malls here. There are however fair numbers of retail stores all across the city selling popular items like wardrobes, shoes, foot wears etc. But it is street markets and weekly markets that light up the shopping scene in Jehanabad. The raw shopping experience that you’ll get here will make you nostalgic about markets found in your own rural villages.
Overall, since Jehanabad is home to some of the richest and oldest archeological collections of India, it makes up for a very interesting tourist destination. Although Jehanabad lacks to some extent in terms of urban infrastructure, anyone with slightest of interest in rich history of India will find Jehanabad more than interesting.
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0